Sunday, August 21, 2011

My mind is slipping :)

Here is a drawing I finished a while back. I posted it here about half way through, and then in the process of finishing it, I started to dislike it. It wasn't all at what I had wanted it to be. Part if the problem, if not all of it, was that I started on the pastel side of the Canson Mi-Teintes paper and I was too stubborn to quit, or start over. I never will work on that side with colored pencils again because I ran into unforeseen problems. The paper is actually made for pastel work, but the "wrong" side of that paper is wonderful for colored pencils. The paper comes in so many beautiful colors (I prefer the white) and it has  plenty of tooth to take the layers beautifully!  Just one tip: start with a VERY light hand and build your colors one layer and a time.

"Daisy"
7 x 13 colored pencil
on Canson Mi-Teintes


Post a Comment