I have been interested in ATCs for about a year, and at our last monthly meeting of the Creative Art Connection we had an artist's demo of what they are, how they are made, what you do with them etc. I made some over the course of last year but after last Monday's meeting, I have EXPLODED!! not literally ;) but with ideas for ATCs . I have always been interested in miniature art anyway. This is so much fun!! What I found especially interesting about ATCs:
- you can take drawings or paintings you have rejected in the past and turn them into ATCs.
- you can doodle while talking on the phone and later turn it into an ATC.
- don't have time for a long painting session? make it a short one, create an ATC
- tired after a long day at work but still want to keep that art habit going, spend a few minutes making an ATC
- have scraps of special paper or pictures you cut out off magazines because they spoke to you - use them in an ATC
- this is a fun way to spend time doing what you love anyway - creating - whatever your medium
Are you into making ATC's? Are you trading ATC's? What do you like about it? What are some of the best places you have found to trade?