Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Summer 2009

It's been a busy summer so far. I have taken a watercolor workshop in July and this month a workshop on gourds. One weekend for the cleaning and prep work and the next weekend for whatever it is you do to decorate a gourd. I have seen on several websites that people use colored pencils to draw on gourds, right up my alley! :)

The workshops are held by the "Creative Art Connection" and taught by members. It's been interesting so far and I do have something to show for the watercolor work shop, just need to take a picture. Deep down the class has tought me one thing.... I will never be a watercolorist! .... (never say never)... I am much to detail oriented (in other words: this control freak can't give it up to a few paints in tubes and brushes!) I do like the painting I created but I want to finish it using colored pencils. I can see myself using WC for background work or to cover large areas, but I always feel drawn to the detail.
Post a Comment