Friday, May 8, 2009

New drawing

This is the pencil drawing I have just started. The original image has some glare but you get the idea. My son wants a pencil drawing, but I also want to do one in color pencil.



I am also sitting with a few new ideas.... I am thinking about a series of drawings based on a common theme. The picture of my son, and the fact that it is Mother's Day in a couple of days have given me the idea of doing a series on parenthood. I am still only playing with the idea, trying out images, rolling around the meaning of words in my head. If you are a parent you know that being one is possibly the most difficult, challenging and most rewarding thing you ever do in your life. I am not talking about "madonna and child" images here, I am looking for new ... different images.
Post a Comment